A downloadable tool
* OpenGL ES 3.0+ Required * OpenGL ES 2.0 support has been removed for reasons that broke the modeller * Mac support is temporarily removed
What is PixaVoxet?
PixaVoxet is my solution for generating 2D Game Assets, fast and efficiently for a project. It is inspired by the graphics technique "Sprite Stacking", where objects are composed of multiple slices of images stacked on top of each other, allowing game designers to fake 3D graphics that have come to resemble a mix of low poly and pixel art. Where it deviates, is PixaVoxet's choice to use Voxels instead of images and rendering them to pixel art spritesheets.
The bread and butter of PixaVoxet however is designing modularly composed characters, where every part of the character can be swapped out for something new. Allowing artists to quickly turn out new characters on the fly, and allowing them to iterate quite easily on existing ones.
PixaVoxet consists of 3 main environments to work in:
A Renderer: An interface for previewing, skinning, and rendering your character animations to pixel art
A Voxel Modeller: An interface for creating voxel models compatible with PixaVoxet
An Animator: An interface for creating skinnable characters and animations to be used with the Renderer
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- V2.01D Color Ramp ChangesDec 20, 2019
- v2.01C: Misc BugfixesDec 19, 2019
- PixaVoxet 2.0aDec 18, 2019
- Back at itDec 17, 2019
- Development stalled but not stoppedNov 24, 2019
- Devlog: What am I working on // Patreon // Looking AheadJun 11, 2019
- V 1.07D: Projects Directory Change / Better Mac Support!!! ReadmeJun 02, 2019